Tier-4 (General) Student Visa in The UK


International students who wish to come to the UK and stay for less than six months need to apply for a UK Standard Visa. Students who have this type of visa are allowed to study short courses such as Summer English Courses, General English Courses, Business English Courses, Work Experience Courses, Intensive Courses, and One to One Courses. Also, international students who have completed their undergraduate studies or postgraduate studies and would like to attend their graduation ceremony, need to apply for a UK Standard Visa. However, note that this applies to graduate students who have an expired UK Student Visa.

It should be mentioned that some nationalities may not require UK Standard Visa in order to study in the UK or for some types of courses. Please contact us for further information or check the official government website for up to date information.


Students who are applying to study in the UK for up to six months must prove one of the following:

  • They have been offered a place on a course of no more than six months provided by an accredited UK institution (Note that this cannot be an academy or state-funded school)
  • They are 16 or over and have been accepted by a UK higher education institution to participate in research that is related to their course of study

Please get in touch with us, and we will provide you with full details about all of the requirements.

  • Necessary Documents

    You will need to present documents regarding the following information:

      undergraduate studies
    • the dates you’re planning to come to the UK
    • details of your accommodation status during your visit
    • an estimate of your trip's costs
    • your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
    • the amount of your income in a year (if you have an income)
    • details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed

    As you know, there might be additional required documents based on different situations. Please contact us for more information.

What you can and cannot do

You are not allowed to:

  • work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
  • stay in the UK for long periods through repeated visits
  • request public funds
  • study a course that lasts longer than six months

Feel free to contact us for updated information.


A UK Standard visa costs £95.

Tier4Visa statement

Visa information may change without prior notice. This content should be used only as informal guidance, for up to date information please always contact Tier4Visa or follow official government website .

Tier4Visa cannot guarantee your successful Visa application and we cannot make a Visa application on your behalf. Tier4Visa provides professional Visa guidance only to students which are applying to our UK educational partners and institutions via our sister companies UKstudy, BritishUni or BritishGuardianship.

Our Promise

With over 20 years’ experience our team of dedicated educational consultants will provide the up-to-date requirements and guide you throughout the VISA process. We aim to actively promote British education all around the globe.

Our Services

Each year over 20.000 students have benefited from the services of StudyFirst Group. Students are awarded places at language schools, colleges and universities in the UK with extensive VISA support and guardianship services


Educational Partners

Study First Group Partner
BritishUni Partner
British Guardianship Partner
UK Study Partner
Tours For Groups Partner